£299 (£358.80 inc. VAT)
Availability: In stock
Atlona AT-HD-SC-500 Description
The Atlona AT-HD-SC-500 is a scaler with built-in 3×1 switcher for HDMI and VGA signals. It features two HDMI inputs and a VGA input with a 3.5mm audio connector. It features automatic display control using CEC, IP, and RS-232 plus auto input selection.
The scaler is designed to take video signals from switchers, PCs or laptops and scale them to an HDMI output at a wide-range of HDTV and PC resolutions, up to 1080p/60Hz and WUXGA (1920×1200).
The AT-HD-SC-500 can be the central component of a small, automated AV system. Automatic display control turns on the display automatically whenever a source is connected. When the source is removed, the display is turned off. Volume is controlled by using the front panel buttons. Automatic input selection on the AT-HD-SC-500 works by sensing the presence of any video signal. With automatic input selection, manual control systems can be eliminated. Input selection can also be controlled from the front panel, RS-232, or TCP/IP commands.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities, the AT-HD-SC-500 allows display control using CEC, TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled, costs are reduced, and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting, when a switcher is integrated with a display, the AT-HD-SC-500 forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the AT-HD-SC-500 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
CEC – The AT-HD-SC-500 features Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) providing simplified display control for a significant reduction in the cost of the display (compared to an RS-232 controlled display). CEC is a communication channel incorporated in the HDMI specification allowing connected devices to control each other.
TCP/IP – The LAN port on the AT-HD-SC-500 not only allows it to be managed but also allows the scaler to control a display that is connected to the same network. The scaler is able to route commands over IP for automatic display control to compatible displays. Devices must be connected to a router to manage IP addresses.
RS-232 – Many displays including projectors, commercial flat panel displays, and some consumer displays can be controlled using the RS-232 signal directly from the switcher. The scaler is able to send commands using RS-232 for automatic display control to compatible displays.
FLEXIBLE, POWER BUTTON – The power button on the front panel can be set to either turn the AT-HD-SC-500 on/off or it can be set to control the attached display. In addition to using the front panel power button, display on/off commands can be triggered automatically based on presence of video signals, or by a third-party control system using either TCP/IP, RS-232, or IR signals.
SCALER OR DISPLAY VOLUME CONTROL – Volume control buttons on the front panel can control either the analog audio output of the AT-HD-SC-500 or they can be set to control the volume of any device that allows volume control using TCP/IP or RS-232, such as a flat panel display, DSP, or another switcher. This gives great flexibility to the system design.
MULTIPLE POINTS OF CONTROL – Since all these commands can be sent using TCP/IP, it becomes simple to have multiple control points in a larger system. The AT-HD-SC-500 could be used as an input device for an AT-UHD-CLSO-824 and the buttons would then be able to manage a variety of functions such as “Show me” and volume.
Automatic input selection on the AT-HD-SC-500 detects an active video signal, rather than looking for the 5-volt, hot plug signal. This means that devices such as DVRs, DisplayPort adaptors and other devices that keep the 5-volt hot, no longer trigger the automatic input selection. This gives far more reliable performance with these products.
Configuration, maintenance and updates are performed using Atlona’s WebGUI, AMS IP management system, or OSD. Set-up options include HDCP status, variable preferred input resolutions, output resolution, plus control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue and sharpness. The AT-HD-SC-500 is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for a display.
Compact scaling switcher
The AT-HD-SC-500 combines a scaler with multiple inputs and automatic input selection capabilities for use in a small system with HDMI and VGA sources along with audio features that include analog de-embedding, volume control, and equalization.
The AT-HD-SC-500 also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
Atlona AT-HD-SC-500 Key Features
- 3×1 HDMI and VGA scaler - Features two HDMI inputs plus a VGA input with 3.5mm audio connector
- Allows advanced HDMI display devices to be used with legacy VGA sources
- Scaler with HDMI output and input resolution control - Scales output video signals up to 1080p/60Hz and1920×1200; Choose preferred scaler input resolution from 800×600 to 1920×1200
- Scales output video signals up to 1080p/60Hz and 1920×1200
- Choose preferred scaler input resolution from 800×600 to 1920×1200
- Assures compatibility of VGA and HDMI sources with the display
- Automatic display control using CEC, TCP/IP, or RS-232 commands
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of scaler. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP or RS-232.
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
- Automatic input selection using video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
- Two HDMI inputs
- Digital inputs to support up to two HDMI sources or DisplayPort and DVI sources with appropriate adapters
- Ideal for a variety of digital sources including laptops, PCs, and cameras
- One Analogue input on 15-pin HD connector
- Accepts RGBHV and component signals using common adaptors and break out cables
- Provides input options for legacy Analogue sources
- TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Flexible control options for compatibility with third-party control systems. RS-232 controlled from HDBaseT™ connection
- Reduces integration time and costs
- Front panel input select button
- Overrides automatic input selection when two active sources are present
- Simple manual control allows presenter to maintain control of the image on screen
- Front panel display on/off control
- Remotely controls display power state; provides alternate ‘Display Mute’ mode
- Eliminates need for manual operation of display or use of IR remote control
- Front panel volume control
- Adjusts level of both embedded and de-embedded audio; provides ‘Mute’ mode
- Simplifies audio level settings for best sound
- Audio de-embedding - De-embeds PCM audio from HDMI inputs to audio output
- Provides audio signal routing to sound system - Balanced audio output
- Professional, +4dBu audio is provided on a 5-pin captive screw connector
- Allows for fast integration with professional sound systems
- 10 year limited product warranty