Extron Cable Cubby 500 (70-1045-02)
Cable Cubby 500, No AC, 146×146mm cutout. Finished in black or brushed aluminium [70-1045-08]
For pricing and configuration options please call or email us.
The Extron Cable Cubby® 500 is a modular, furniture-mountable cable access enclosure for AV connectivity and AC power. The Cable Cubby 500 accommodates one AC 100 Series or AC+USB 200 AC power module and includes mounting brackets for up to three Retractors, four AV cables, or two AAP - Architectural Adapter Plates. The enclosure's patent-pending modular design allows cables and AAPs to be installed or serviced from the top of the enclosure after it is installed. For fast installation, the Cable Cubby 500 features a simple, integrated clamp system that quickly secures the enclosure to the furniture surface without the need for additional parts or tools. AC Power and AC+USB Power Modules are available for the US, Europe, and other major world markets. The Cable Cubby 500 is available in a black anodized or brushed aluminum finish.
The Cable Cubby 500 is equipped with a number of Extron-exclusive, integration friendly features for fast assembly and installation. The integrated clamp system quickly secures the enclosure to the furniture surface without tools. Simply install the enclosure in the opening, slide the clamp up to the surface, and then rotate the cam to lock the enclosure in place. A lid damper ensures smooth, quiet operation that complements installations in high end conference rooms and board rooms. The Cable Cubby 500 includes standard connectivity brackets for mounting up to three Retractor modules, two AAPs, or four AV cables. The AV connectivity brackets can be positioned to the left or right of the selected AC power module.
The enclosure's patent-pending modular design allows cables and AAPs to be installed or serviced from the top of the enclosure after it is installed. The Cable Pass-Through Bracket features a unique, split-ring design that facilitates cable installation while eliminating the need for separate cable grommets. AC Power Modules are available for the US, Europe, and other major world markets. Most AC 100 Series AC Power Modules provide two unswitched AC outlets. An available Multi-Region AC outlet is compatible with a variety of AC plug types. To support the growing use of smartphones and tablets in AV presentation environments, the optional AC 200 Series AC+USB Power Modules provide one or two AC power outlets, and two 5 VDC USB power outlets with 2.1 A / 10.5 watts of total power for charging mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Cable Cubby Series/2 enclosures are UL/c-UL listed and CE compliant. Installation routing templates and other accessories are also available.
To quickly customize AC power and AV connectivity selections for a Cable Cubby 500 installation, the Cable Cubby Series/2 Builder is an interactive tool that guides the user through the selection of AC power modules, AV connectivity, cables, and installation accessories. As you build your Cable Cubby, a bill of materials is prepared automatically. When you're finished, the Builder allows you to review your Cable Cubby and make any last minute changes before placing your order (dealer login required).
Included Mounting Brackets:
1 off Connectivity Bracket - capacity (1) AAP Frame or Cable Pass-Through Plate
1 off AAP Frame - capacity (2) Single-space AAPs
1 off Cable Pass-Through Plate - capacity (4) AV cables
1 off Retractor Bracket and Pin - capacity (3) Retractors
Extron Cable Cubby 500 Key Features
- Accommodates one Series/2 AC or AC+USB Power Module, plus three Retractors, four AV cables, or two AAP- Architectural Adapter Plates
- Patent-pending modular design for fast assembly and serviceability - AV connectivity can be installed or serviced from the top of the enclosure after it is installed.
- Retractor, Cable Pass-Through, and AAP brackets included
- Retractor Bracket holds three Retractor or Retractor XL cable retraction modules
- Optional Retractor cable retraction system supports most AV and data signal types
- AC Power and AC+USB Power Modules are available for US, Europe, and other major world markets - Most AC Power Modules provide two unswitched AC outlets. AC+USB Power Modules provide one or two AC outlets and two USB power outlets.
- Available Multi-Region AC outlet is compatible with a variety of AC plug types*
- UL/c-UL listed and CE compliant
- US model includes an attached 9.5' power cord
- Integrated side clamps secure enclosure to the furniture surface - Cable Cubby can be secured in place without additional parts or tools.
- Top surface is available in a black anodized or brushed aluminum finish
- Finish Sample Kit available, part # 70-804-01
- Installation routing template available, part # 70-1048-80
- Cable Cubby Builder is available at www.extron.com/cablecubby - Intuitive online tool for enclosure selection, pricing, and cable and connectivity selection.
- Dimensions: 6.1” L x 6.1” W (15.6 cm L x 15.6 cm W)