For pricing and configuration options please call or email us.
The Extron FOX 4G DA8 is an Eight Output Fiber Optic Distribution Amplifier for distribution and long haul transmission of incoming fiber optic A/V and RS-232 control signals over a single fiber. It provides eight optical outputs for distribution to FOX Series fiber optic receivers, switchers, or matrix switchers, each via a single fiber link. Supporting rates up to 4.25 Gbps, the FOX 4G DA8 accepts and distributes standard definition video, high resolution computer-video, DVI-D, and multi-rate SDI. It also features active optical signal splitting so that original transmitter power levels are maintained for all outputs. Designed specifically for A/V systems, the FOX 4G DA8 includes a host of integrator-friendly features such as RS-232 control, rack-mount capability, and the ability to mute one or more outputs.
Extron FOX DA8 MM Key Features
- Compatible with all FOX Series transmitters and receivers - The FOX 4G DA8 offers up to 4.25 Gbps digital distribution capability for audio, control, and video signals at high resolution rates and multiple formats with pixel-for-pixel throughput. This level of performance assures compatibility from standard definition video to the highest source resolutions, including RGB computer-video, DVI, and multi-rate SDI signals.
- Distributes and extends fiber optic A/V and RS-232 control signals very long distances over a single fiber
- Eight active and individually isolated outputs - The FOX 4G DA8 utilizes active signal splitting to maintain equal transmitter power to all outputs, maximizing distance capabilities by ensuring full availability of optical loss budget for each output.
- Output muting control - Provides the capability to mute one or more outputs via RS-232 serial control. This feature can be useful in courtroom environments.
- Industry standard LC connectors provide reliable physical connectivity and precise fiber core alignment
- Alarm notification for fiber link loss - The FOX 4G DA8 can be set up to trigger an external control system for immediate notification when a fiber link has been lost.
- Available as an 850 nm multimode model for moderate-range transmissions, and a 1310 nm singlemode model for extreme distances up to 30 km (18.75 miles) - A FOX 4G DA8, connected between a FOX Series transmitter and receiver, effectively doubles the overall transmission distance capability. For singlemode applications, signals can thus be sent up to 60 km (37.5 miles) from transmitter to receiver via the FOX 4G DA8.
- Order Code: 60-927-01