For pricing and configuration options please call or email us.
The Extron FOX 500 DVI Fiber Optic Extender is a transmitter and receiver set for long haul transmission of DVI, audio, and RS-232 control signals over a single fiber. Engineered for reliability and exceptional high resolution image performance, it uses Extron's exclusive all digital, zero compression technology to deliver perfect pixel-for-pixel transmission of computer-video images up to UXGA 1600x1200 resolution, including HDTV 1080p/60. Designed specifically for A/V systems, the FOX 500 DVI also includes a host of integrator-friendly features such as an EDID emulation mode, buffered input loop-through, RS-232 control from multiple locations, rack-mount capability, and real-time system monitoring.
Extron FOX 500 DVI Tx SM Key Features
- Transmitter for single link DVI-D, stereo audio, and RS-232 control signals very long distances over a single fiber
- Inputs: DVI-I connector with buffered input loop-through, unbalanced stereo audio on 3.5 mm stereo mini jack, and balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on captive screw connector
- Outputs: 2 * Fiber Optic on LC connectors
- All digital, zero compression technology provides pixel-for-pixel performance with signals up to 1600x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 - The FOX 500 DVI delivers uncompressed pixel-for-pixel transmission of video signals to ensure optimal image quality at resolutions up to UXGA (1600x1200). Signal resolutions higher than UXGA can be accommodated, but will not be sampled at a 1:1 pixel ratio.
- EDID emulation - The FOX 500 DVI transmitter provides a selector for specifying the rate of the incoming DVI signal. EDID emulation allows proper operation when no local monitor is present.
- Buffered DVI input loop-through - A buffered DVI input loop-through on the FOX 500 DVI transmitter provides an output signal to drive a local monitor.
- Available as an 850 nm multimode model for moderate-range transmissions, and a 1310 nm singlemode model for extreme distances up to 30 km (18.75 miles)
- Order Code: 60-859-12