For pricing and configuration options please call or email us.
The Extron DVS 510 is a 10 input, multi-format Presentation Scaling Switcher that accepts and scales DVI, RGB, HDTV, and standard definition signals to a common, high resolution output rate. The DVS 510 is HDCP-compliant and features simultaneous DVI and two analog RGB/YUV outputs. It is a true presentation switcher for professional environments, with audio switching for all video input sources, an available 50 watt stereo integrated amplifier, picture-in-picture, and glitch-free switching. The DVS 510 also offers flexible control options including front panel control, Ethernet, RS-232, and IR.
Ten Input Multi-Format Video Switcher
To accommodate a variety of sources, the DVS 510 features a 10 input switcher that accepts DVI, RGB computer-video, HDTV, S-video, and composite video. The DVS 510 therefore provides the capability to integrate analog and digital video devices, and HDCP compliance enables integration of Blu-ray Disc players and cable or satellite HD receivers.
The DVS 510 features Extrons EDID Minder to automatically manage the EDID information between the display device and all the DVI and VGA input sources. EDID Minder offers an automatic mode which captures and stores the EDID from the display, and then communicates this EDID to the input sources. Also available is a user assigned mode, which allows pre-stored EDID, based on a user selected resolution, to be manually assigned to the sources. By maintaining continuous EDID communication with all sources, EDID Minder ensures that all DVI and VGA sources power up properly and maintain their video outputs whether or not they are actively connected to the display device through the switcher's outputs.
The DVS 510 also includes 10 input stereo audio switching to accompany incoming video sources. Input gain and attenuation adjustment is provided for each input, and the DVS 510 provides master volume control on the front panel. Also included are bass and treble controls, as well as integrated audio delay to maintain audio sync with the processed video output.
The DVS 510 is available with two audio output variations: the standard DVS 510 offers fixed and variable line level audio outputs, while the DVS 510 SA adds an integrated stereo amplifier with 25 watts rms output per channel into 4 or 8 ohms. The DVS 510 SA features an Extron exclusive, highly efficient, advanced Class D amplifier design with patented CDRS - Class D Ripple Suppression technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs.
High Performance Video Processing
The DVS 510 features a high performance 30-bit scaling engine with the ability to scale standard definition video, HDTV, and RGB signals up or down in resolution. It accepts computer-video signals up to 1920x1200 and HDTV 1080p/60, and outputs DVI and analog RGB or component video at selectable output rates from 640x480 to 1920x1200 resolution, as well as HDTV up to 1080p/60.
Create Professional Quality Presentations
For more effective, professional presentations, the DVS 510 includes glitch-free switching with selectable cut or fade to black transitions. The DVS 510 also features a PIP picture-in-picture mode that allows a video source and a high resolution source to be shown on one display. Several PIP presets are available, including side-by-side windows, and the PIP window can be dynamically sized and positioned anywhere in the image.
Multiple Options for Control and Operation
The DVS 510 features front panel controls for quick access to functions. Remote configuration and control are available via RS-232, Ethernet, and optional IR remote control. The DVS 510 is housed in a 2U, full rack width enclosure and can easily be integrated into many environments.
Extron DVS 510 SA Key Features
- Integrates DVI/HDMI, RGB, HDTV, video, and audio sources into presentation systems - The DVS 510 provides centralized switching for a wide range of AV sources.
- Inputs: Two composite video on BNC, two S-video on 4-pin mini DIN, two RGB/HD component video on 15-pin HD, and two digital and two analog RGB/HD component video on DVI-I connectors; stereo balanced/unbalanced audio for each input on 3.5 mm, 5-pole captive screw connectors
- Outputs: Scaled DVI-D and two scaled RGB/HD component video on 15-pin HD; stereo balanced/unbalanced fixed and variable audio outputs on 3.5 mm, 5-pole captive screw connectors; speaker outputs on 5 mm, 4-pole captive screw connector - DVS 510 SA
- HDCP compliant - The DVS 510 fully supports HDCP-encrypted signals.
- DVI, RGB, HDTV, and standard definition video upscaling and downscaling - DVI, RGB computer-video, high definition video, and standard definition video sources can all be scaled to the desired output resolution. The DVS 510 features an advanced scaling engine with high quality upscaling and downscaling of high resolution computer-video signals.
- Simultaneous DVI and analog RGB or HD component video outputs - A DVI-D and two analog RGB/YUV outputs are provided for driving up to three display devices.
- Selectable output rates from 640x480 to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 and 2K - Available output rates include computer-video up to 1920x1200, HDTV rates up to 1080p/60, and 2048x1080.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation - Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through RS-232 or Ethernet, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display - A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- Image freeze control - A live image can be frozen using RS-232 serial control or Ethernet control.
- Auto-Image™ setup - When activated, the unit automatically detects the resolution of the incoming video signal and sets the active pixels and active lines, as well as the horizontal and vertical starting points. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Auto Input Memory - When activated, the DVS 510 automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- EDID Emulation provides selectable resolutions and refresh rates to ensure reliable operation - The DVS 510 provides a means for specifying the rate of the incoming signal, ensuring proper communication with the video source. EDID Emulation is available exclusively on inputs 5, 6, 8, and 10.
- PIP - picture-in-picture - Allows a video source to be displayed within a high resolution image, or vice versa. Six pre-programmed PIP window options are available, including side-by-side windows, with dynamic, fully adjustable window positioning. Audio switching can be set to follow either the main or PIP window.
- Seamless switching - Seamless cut and fade to black transition effects are available to enhance presentations by eliminating distracting visual jumps, glitches, and distortion commonly seen when switching between computer and video sources.
- Front Panel Control with tri-colored, backlit buttons - The buttons can be custom-labeled for easy identification. Because the buttons illuminate, they are helpful for presenters in low-light environments.
- Output Standby Mode - The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Supports HDMI signals when used with optional Extron HDMI-DVI adapters - The DVS 510 DVI inputs and output are compatible with HDMI. The DVS 510 fully passes audio and auxiliary data as part of the HDMI signal, ensuring audio and video compatibility with downstream HDMI-equipped devices including displays.
- Audio switching and output volume control - The DVS 510 features audio switching for 10 stereo balanced or unbalanced input sources, and provides master volume control and muting as well as bass and treble controls. Fixed and variable line level outputs are available, and each output can be balanced or unbalanced. Stereo input signals can be output as dual mono.
- Audio input gain and attenuation - Gain or attenuation can be adjusted for each analog input to eliminate noticeable differences when switching between sources.
- Audio breakaway - Provides the capability to break an analog audio signal away from its corresponding video signal and route to the audio outputs, allowing the analog audio channels to be operated as a separate switcher.
- Integrated audio delay - When enabled, the audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- Available stereo power amplifier model with 25 watts rms per channel into 4 or 8 ohms - The DVS 510 SA features an Extron exclusive, highly efficient, advanced Class D amplifier design with CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression, an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Automatic clip limiter - The DVS 510 SA includes technology for the integrated amplifier that detects the onset of clipping by comparing input and output signals. Gain is automatically reduced with a slow attack and fast release to eliminate clipping. This advanced limiter design protects speakers from clipping distortion.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, color, tint, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical positioning, sizing, and zoom
- User presets - Memory presets are available for each input to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection - The DVS 510 offers advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image detail and sharpness for NTSC, PAL, and HDTV 1080i sources that originated from film.
- Motion adaptive 1080i deinterlacing - The DVS 510 provides high performance deinterlacing for 1080i signals from HD sources including cable or satellite set-top boxes, delivering optimized image quality through advanced motion compensation.
- Aspect ratio control - The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- Quad standard video decoding - A digital, four-line adaptive comb filter provides decoding of NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM for integration into systems worldwide.
- Internal video test patterns for calibration and setup - The unit offers several test patterns to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Provides +5 VDC, 250 mA power on the DVI output for external peripheral devices
- Front panel security lockout - This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through RS-232 or IR remote control.
- Optional IR remote control - The optional Extron IR 904 handheld remote control allows for input source switching, picture-in-picture, and direct access to picture adjustments.
- Ethernet monitoring and control - The DVS 510 can be controlled and proactively monitored over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet. An intuitive Web interface is included for such common functions as input switching and master volume control.
- RS-232 control port - Using serial commands, the DVS 510 can be controlled and configured via the Extron Windows®-based control program, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Rack-mountable 2U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Internal universal power supply - The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility.
- Order Code: 60-835-02